If you have ever wondered what people do that are naturally skinny – here are a few tips on what you can do to lose weight naturally, too!
- Have your water ready at all times! Water can help you to lose weight and it is very important to take in enough fluids for your general health. Water keeps your tummy feeling fuller and your skin supple. So whatever you do or wherever you go – have some water with you and try to drink 8 glasses or 2 liters a day.
- Do not diet! Thinking too much about what you can or can’t eat is sure to get your cravings up for the food you are not supposed to have. Deciding for yourself that you can have everything you want will stop the feeling that you are denying yourself pleasure. The most important thing to remember if you want to lose weight naturally is to not overindulge. A little bit of everything is fine, just don’t go overboard (I am going to be honest here, that’s where I seem to fail a lot. I have to try and get that under control )
- Get enough sleep!It is proven that a slim person has around 2 hours more sleep a week than an overweight person. You are much more likely to reach for food when you are tired, so you should always aim to get around 8 hours sleep at night to be able to keep your energy levels up during the day. – That is something I have noticed myself, when I don’t get enough sleep I seem to graze and look for snacks during the day much more than when I had enough sleep and feel rested.
- Only eat when you are hungry. This one seems to make a lot of sense. How many times do you reach for food (mainly sweets 😉 ) when you are simply bored, stressed or down? I do it all the time! When we use food as an emotional pick-me-up, the weight can pile up very quickly since you are eating unnecessary food that your body does not need. Try to find other ways of dealing with stress, boredom or feeling sad – like going to the gym, or for a walk outside, or talking to a friend on the phone.
- Eat breakfast! – I have to say I personally am not so sure about this, see here, but you hear it all the time so there must be some truth in it! Countless studies show that people who eat breakfast in the morning are slimmer than people who don’t. Breakfast is a kick-starter for your metabolism in the morning and will also stop you from snacking throughout the day.
So there you have it – 5 secrets to lose weight naturally! I think they all make sense and are quite achievable. Some of us might have to learn again what it feels like to be hungry (ahem – I do!), and going to bed earlier can be quite a challenge, too! 😉 But if you think about the end result it will be well worth it, because you definitely will lose weight naturally!
Category: Weight Loss Strategies